Skip to main content

Blind Painter

So I sat down and started working on the small unit of chaos space marine possessed I need to finish for my Khorne Daemonkin army. What I immediately realized is that when I am wearing glasses it is so much easier. I had some very cheap reading glasses I picked up and things are so much clearer. I have been trying to only paint in the morning because the light in my house was better. But damn- I could see everything. I could see the brush, the details on the models. For years now I hadn't realized my vision has been declining. It was like night and day. Like my technique is a lot better than I thought. They are coming right along.

The only thing and I noticed this while only after working 15-20 minutes these cheap glasses produce way to much eye strain. While I was concentrating on what I was doing things got blurry quickly. I can put them on and focus initially, but they are not going to be good enough to use on a long term basis. Might need to make my first trip ever to an optometrist.

The other weird thing I am dealing with is a strained muscle in my left forearm. It is my abductor pollicis longus, it is used in opening and closing the hand as well as tilting the palm up and down. Brutal injury from my day job as a commercial fisherman this week. I can't grip a 4lb bag of sugar or even was in pain when I picked up a half gallon of milk. Since I was holding the brush with my left hand, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get through a lot of work with my models this morning, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I just can't believe how much clearer everything was wearing glasses.

Comments

  1. Yeah, getting old is shitty dude. My big thing is that I need a better chair.

    Anyways, glad to see your still posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

War Machines in Age of Sigmar

Well, I've been trying to figure this out because with a dwarf/elf army it becomes pretty important- usually like first turn important. After our first game it became apparent that war machines are very dangerous in Age of Sigmar. Something has me puzzled though- and it is part because of the streamlined rules and in part because of conflicting reports I've uncovered on the internet. Let's start at the beginning. WARSCROLLS & UNITS “All models are described by warscrolls, which provide all of the rules for using them in the game. You will need warscrolls for the models you want to use.” “Models fight in units. A unit can have one or more models, but cannot include models that use different warscrolls. A unit must be set up and finish any sort of move as a single group of models, with all models within 1" of at least one other model from their unit.” When I first read this it seemed very apparent that you would never have more than one unit in a warscroll. B...

One army, Two Games

I have been debating about how to do this. The main thing is deciding whether or not I really want to bother with it. But all of my daemons are currently legal for Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar because they share the same base size. So the issue is, with the return of Warhammer: The Old World the bases are really screwy. So let me explain. If I try to transfer over my daemons the oval bases for the most part won't fit on the square bases. In addition to the roughly 25 Bloodletters I also have about 60 Pink Horrors and 9 Flamers. If I rebase any of this stuff, then I won't have access to it in another game. So with these models I am basically restarting from scratch on my Infantry. I have thirty more Pink Horrors and nine more Flamers on the way, so I am simply going to start them on new 30mm bases if I want to use them. If I decide to redo my Khorne daemons, I might honestly - but that's probably down the line. So stuff is going to work a lot better. As illust...

More Powers

One thing we will definitely get as this game moves forward is more power sets. In the meantime, I am going to add a few for our characters.   Beast-Powers The character has powers associated with Beasts Origins : Alien, Magic, Weird Science : Beasts Effect : The characters Might and Vigilance score caps increase by 6. The character can select the Extreme Appearance trait to take on a monstrous beast-like appearance. If you they do so, they can take an additional trait for free.  Powers in the set include Crushing Grip, Mighty 1, Mighty 2, Mighty 3, Mighty 4, Nature Sense, Quick Toss, Wallcrawling, and the following powers: Alertness The character has an uncanny ability to detect danger. Power Set : Beast-Powers Prerequisites : None Action : None Duration : Permanent Effect : The character has an edge on Initiative rolls and Vigilance (perception) checks. Enemies have trouble on Agility (stealth) checks against the character's Vigilance defense. The character also gains a perm...