Skip to main content

The Inn

The path back to road was a different one than the way we traveled here. Otto and Dox were very happy to be travelling with me. I even found some tasty herbs for making a tea. 

We were skirting a bog when shimmering, buzzing, stinging swarm lit on us. We later learned they were called Shimmer Flies. They lay eggs on a host the inhabit - but their shiny carapaces blind their targets. We scattered them and drove them off. 

We took a little rest and camped near the road. Before we finally made it out of the forest we saw a masked humanoid figure standing in the distance watching us. We neither hailed him, nor attempted to attack, and the figure melded back into the wood. 

After another night on the road, we reached the inn. We found the caravan and safety of numbers here. It would be nice not to sleep on the ground. Argasto was very generous. He gave us a bonus of twenty gold each for the assistance.

We explained all that we knew to him and he said Mal Gergard was a former Templar. He is a known bandit chief, but other than a mark of safe passage, he knew of no reason why he would want the iron ring.

We were going to stay the night at the inn, we are still five days from Brandon's Ferry - but we are definitely on the start of grand adventure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Machines in Age of Sigmar

Well, I've been trying to figure this out because with a dwarf/elf army it becomes pretty important- usually like first turn important. After our first game it became apparent that war machines are very dangerous in Age of Sigmar. Something has me puzzled though- and it is part because of the streamlined rules and in part because of conflicting reports I've uncovered on the internet. Let's start at the beginning. WARSCROLLS & UNITS “All models are described by warscrolls, which provide all of the rules for using them in the game. You will need warscrolls for the models you want to use.” “Models fight in units. A unit can have one or more models, but cannot include models that use different warscrolls. A unit must be set up and finish any sort of move as a single group of models, with all models within 1" of at least one other model from their unit.” When I first read this it seemed very apparent that you would never have more than one unit in a warscroll. B...

One army, Two Games

I have been debating about how to do this. The main thing is deciding whether or not I really want to bother with it. But all of my daemons are currently legal for Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar because they share the same base size. So the issue is, with the return of Warhammer: The Old World the bases are really screwy. So let me explain. If I try to transfer over my daemons the oval bases for the most part won't fit on the square bases. In addition to the roughly 25 Bloodletters I also have about 60 Pink Horrors and 9 Flamers. If I rebase any of this stuff, then I won't have access to it in another game. So with these models I am basically restarting from scratch on my Infantry. I have thirty more Pink Horrors and nine more Flamers on the way, so I am simply going to start them on new 30mm bases if I want to use them. If I decide to redo my Khorne daemons, I might honestly - but that's probably down the line. So stuff is going to work a lot better. As illust...

More Powers

One thing we will definitely get as this game moves forward is more power sets. In the meantime, I am going to add a few for our characters.   Beast-Powers The character has powers associated with Beasts Origins : Alien, Magic, Weird Science : Beasts Effect : The characters Might and Vigilance score caps increase by 6. The character can select the Extreme Appearance trait to take on a monstrous beast-like appearance. If you they do so, they can take an additional trait for free.  Powers in the set include Crushing Grip, Mighty 1, Mighty 2, Mighty 3, Mighty 4, Nature Sense, Quick Toss, Wallcrawling, and the following powers: Alertness The character has an uncanny ability to detect danger. Power Set : Beast-Powers Prerequisites : None Action : None Duration : Permanent Effect : The character has an edge on Initiative rolls and Vigilance (perception) checks. Enemies have trouble on Agility (stealth) checks against the character's Vigilance defense. The character also gains a perm...