Skip to main content

Daemons

Okay so, I just won this auction on eBay.

For $325, I walked away with a shit ton of chaos daemons. The thing is the army didn't have any heavy choices I really wanted to use. It did include the Reaper Sophie model as a demon prince(cess), but that isn't core or legal in the Warhammer world, so I will probably be relisting her. I did pick up this force though.





Personally I am excited about having Skulltaker and these models. In a small battle I might use one of the regular Bloodcrushers as a herald on a Juggernaut. But for an elite choice and HQ choice the unit is great. These things are strong, have a lot of attacks, a MEQ saving throw in addition to their daemonic 5+ invulnerable save. They are strictly melee, but I can live with that. It is why we play daemons.



Core melee infantry doesn't get much better. S5 on a charge, 2A each, power weapons. The bloodletters are gonna be mad fun. Can field two units of at least 8.



Flamers are jump infantry, so that means a 12" move. They have this template attack that kills everything underneath it. Very scary.



The army has something like 40 horrors. Not all were painted, but mostly interested in fielding three or four small units. Each one gets three S4 shots per the last codex, and you can upgrade one model to hit harder. Best thing about horrors is the invulnerable save for them is a 4+.



For fast attack I have these hounds. Figure ten of them is either one or two units of speedy melee. I think in 6th edition beasts ignore terrain. So they can roam around even the most complicated battlefield. They hit hard, but don't stand up to heavy fire.



Another jump infantry unit. Lots of move, two attacks at S4 each. They don't get upgrades, but I got ten of them to play with.



I also wound up owning a Lord of Change and a great chaos model on a disc, I can incorporate into this army. The new codex should be out next month or Nov, so I will try to post more pics and a real army list once everything comes in. I currently have a legal and terrifying 3,000pts worth of Eldar. I love that army, but this is the start of my second force. If you see any Thousand Sons models on eBay let me know. I want them as my allies badly. Feel no Pain - FTW.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Machines in Age of Sigmar

Well, I've been trying to figure this out because with a dwarf/elf army it becomes pretty important- usually like first turn important. After our first game it became apparent that war machines are very dangerous in Age of Sigmar. Something has me puzzled though- and it is part because of the streamlined rules and in part because of conflicting reports I've uncovered on the internet. Let's start at the beginning. WARSCROLLS & UNITS “All models are described by warscrolls, which provide all of the rules for using them in the game. You will need warscrolls for the models you want to use.” “Models fight in units. A unit can have one or more models, but cannot include models that use different warscrolls. A unit must be set up and finish any sort of move as a single group of models, with all models within 1" of at least one other model from their unit.” When I first read this it seemed very apparent that you would never have more than one unit in a warscroll. B...

One army, Two Games

I have been debating about how to do this. The main thing is deciding whether or not I really want to bother with it. But all of my daemons are currently legal for Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar because they share the same base size. So the issue is, with the return of Warhammer: The Old World the bases are really screwy. So let me explain. If I try to transfer over my daemons the oval bases for the most part won't fit on the square bases. In addition to the roughly 25 Bloodletters I also have about 60 Pink Horrors and 9 Flamers. If I rebase any of this stuff, then I won't have access to it in another game. So with these models I am basically restarting from scratch on my Infantry. I have thirty more Pink Horrors and nine more Flamers on the way, so I am simply going to start them on new 30mm bases if I want to use them. If I decide to redo my Khorne daemons, I might honestly - but that's probably down the line. So stuff is going to work a lot better. As illust...

More Powers

One thing we will definitely get as this game moves forward is more power sets. In the meantime, I am going to add a few for our characters.   Beast-Powers The character has powers associated with Beasts Origins : Alien, Magic, Weird Science : Beasts Effect : The characters Might and Vigilance score caps increase by 6. The character can select the Extreme Appearance trait to take on a monstrous beast-like appearance. If you they do so, they can take an additional trait for free.  Powers in the set include Crushing Grip, Mighty 1, Mighty 2, Mighty 3, Mighty 4, Nature Sense, Quick Toss, Wallcrawling, and the following powers: Alertness The character has an uncanny ability to detect danger. Power Set : Beast-Powers Prerequisites : None Action : None Duration : Permanent Effect : The character has an edge on Initiative rolls and Vigilance (perception) checks. Enemies have trouble on Agility (stealth) checks against the character's Vigilance defense. The character also gains a perm...